Wednesday, December 30, 2009

"Self Unshevled" (Two Parts)

I am honored to participate in a flourishing exercise of "30 in 30". This is a challenge, not a contest, presented to the few willing to take it upon their duties to create thirty poems in thirty days in anyway way, shape, or form, no strenuous and strict rules, starting December 15th, 2009, through January 13th, 2010. (Twitter hashtag #30in30)

Here's #12 of 30 of the "30 in 30" project

Ifeanyi Okoro II (CopperSoul)
Houston, Tx

Part 1
My heart
My soul
My spirit
My love
My life
My thoughts
My skin
My desire
My drive
My will
My power
My weakness
My future endeavors
My past regressions
My pain
My anger
My despair
My grief
My struggle
My blaming
My faults
My fears
My apathy
My vengeance
My troubles
Part 2
Funny, it's not really not about me, is it?
I must realize things aren't always what they scream
The needle in the hay stack dream busts through my seams
And the theme isn't a motto, find the points, tips, unhollow
To correct and lead forward, the lesson and rules I must follow.

© 2009 Ifeanyi Okoro II

No comments: