Saturday, January 9, 2010

"Beautiful Breeze"

"30 poems in 30 days" is a challenge, not a contest, presented to the few willing to take it upon their duties to create in anyway way, shape, or form, with no strenuous, strict rules, starting December 15th, 2009, and ending January 13th, 2010.

#15 of 30

These winds
remind me of you
Kissing my cheek
Holding my body
The trees be my music
The steel drums my background landscape

And you are a drink of rum
With hibiscus tart and honey swirl
I can only imagine you blending with
The sunset, crystal waters
And astounding silhouette
As you blur my vision
And intoxicate my heart



Bottoms up!




Ifeanyi Okoro II © 2010

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hmm, sounds like Jamaica has you swept up in bliss. I hope this time that the paradise found is never lost.